How to be seen in the latest fashion- without even touching your (dad’s) credit card!
With the fashion industry inventing and reinventing new fashion trends each season, it is naturally difficult for average-income women to keep up with it all. Of course you can invest in never-out-of-style pieces ensuring you are always discreetly fashionable.
But since the fashion bug is present in every woman with style; now and then we want to update our wardrobes. Following last February’s article, on how to dress for spring on a zero budget, here you will read on genius, crafty ways to bring up to date your summer outfits.
Let’s see which are these practical and thrifty ways then!
- Take old off-white t-shirts and update them in must-wear colors of the season; tangerine and yellow, pastel pinks, mint green and baby blue tones.
- Turn worn-out jeans into killer, cutoffs shorts. Go a step even further by embellishing them with stitched-in lace on the back pockets, or on the sides.
- If you feel much more adventurous, take a pair of cropped jeans, bleach them up to the pockets and add some studs or spikes, the result will awe you!
- Borrow some vintage-looking belts and vintage-inspired accessories, they can magically transform any outfit from “meh” to “what did just happened?!” Wear a white tank top and above it, your mum’s red pencil skirt, wrap a belt around your waist and voila, effortless chicness in a millisecond!
- Update otherwise disregarded floral maxi skirts by wearing them as mid length dresses, finish the look with a top-notch belt knot and you’re ready to go! The wilder the prints and floral patterns, the better!
- Accessorize. This summer is all about over-accessorizing and keeping the rest of an outfit, subtly muted. Wear your looked-down upon crispy white blouse and a pair of black shorts, simply bulk up on chunky bracelets and cuffs. This balance between a minimalist outfit and maximized accessorizing, gives off a harmonious elegance.
- Colorblocking is another trend still going strong on and off catwalks. Good news is that you already have the necessary items (they’re simply dispersed in your mum’s, sister’s and friend’s closets!) Put together tangerine and neon yellow, rose pink and fiery red to create a big stripes color effect.
Do you have any more thirfty suggestions for the incoming summer? Please do share!
One rule of thumb; don’t be afraid of your ideas; unleash your creativity, the greatest ideas always sound ridiculous at first! And of course never break the 50/50 rule; wear 50% basic, tuned down item,s and 50% the latest fashion trends.