1. Naturally Bleach Underarms with Lemon
Lemon is the first thing that comes to mind whevever you want to remove anything dark from your skin! Nothing is as good a bleach as lemon is. Lemon is not only a natural cleanser (why else would restaurants use washing bowls with warm water having lemon wedges in them!) but also has anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties. Its acidic properties help extensively in lightening your skin along with exfoliating dead skin cells. So, why not use lemon for lightening your dark underarms?
- Take a thick slice of lemon and rub your underarms daily before you go to have bath. Apply some moisturizer after bath as lemon also tends to make skin dry. You may also use lemon in different way, as told in the next point, to ensure it doesn’t dries up your skin.
- Add a pinch or two of tumeric, honey or yogurt to lemon juice. This will give you something like a paste. Apply this to your dark underarms and leave for about 10 minutes. Now wash off with water.
The mild acidic property present in potatoes is a great natural bleaching agent. Unlike strong bleaching agents, it will not cause skin irritation.
- Simply rub a thin slice of potato on your underarms.
- You can also grate the potato and apply the juice to the affected area, allow it to dry for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Use either of these remedies twice daily for better and faster results.
3.Take Help from White Baking Soda!
White baking soda can also make your underarms white. Baking soda can be used to make an excellent scrub for your underams. In fact, if you use baking soda for underarms, you can avoid your chemically made deodorants and antiperspirants, another cause for dark underarms. Baking arms can prevent body odour too. Not only this, a scrub made with baking soda can also get you rid of damaged and dead cellleading to unclogging pores. It also kills the germs to give you a clean odor-free and lightened underarm.
- Take some baking soda and water. Mix them to make a thick paste. Apply them to your underarms and gently scrub the area. Wash off and pat dry the skin.
- If you don’t want such an elaborate exercise, mix the baking soda with a little water and just wipe your underarms with this solution.
4. Milk for Milky White Underarms
Vitamins and fatty acids in milk are very effective in lightening the dark skin under arms. When mixed with curd, the lactic acid too do wonders for whitening your dark underarm.
You will need:
- Milk- 2 tablespoons
- Curd- 1 tablespoon
- Flour- 1 tablespoon
- Mix milk, curd and flour to get a paste.
- Apply to your underarms
- Leave for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water
5. Orange Peel
Orange peels can be used to lighten the skin under your arms, thanks to their skin lightening and exfoliating properties.
- Put some orange peels in the sun for a few days until they dry out completely.
- Grind the dried peels into powder form.
- Mix two teaspoons of powdered orange peels with enough rose water and milk to make a thick paste.
- Gently scrub your underarms with the paste and then leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, wash the area with cold water.
- Repeat the process two or three times a week.
6. Stop Shaving Start Waxing!
Dark underarms may be caused by thick hair under the skin due to shaving. Because waxing removes hair at the root, it may leave the area lighter and the skin softer.
Above tips will definitely help you out to get rid of dark underarms. These all are easy to do home remedies for dark armpits which you can carry out in the privacy of your home.