Two most basic rules of beauty world are 1. Always wash your brushes and keep them clean, and 2. Don’t pop your pimple. Breaking these rules can even prove to be life threatening as it happened for Katie Wright, a 21-year-old from Austin, Texas.
Wright felt what she “thought was a giant under a skin pimple” next to her eye brows and she popped it like she did with her pimples and in the very next second her face started to swell and she felt an excruciating pain.
“It felt like something was going to burst out of my skin,” she wrote on Facebook.
when you go viral for being ugly pic.twitter.com/anwVTHGusH
— katie (@katiewright) August 1, 2017
She immediately went to the ER and found that it was not even a pimple, to begin with.
“They said it was a very serious case of Cellulitis, which is a version of a Staph infection,” she explained. “It affects the deep cellular tissues with no main source to attack.”
The doctors told her that if she had been a bit late with the infection, it would have damaged her brain and also affected her eyes making her blind.
Now she is healed up and warns people of cleaning their brushes. “This most likely happened from bacteria getting into my eyebrow pencil brush. I’m super strict on washing my face/beauty blender/brushes, but I never thought to disinfect my eyebrow spoolie.”
SO now that you have seen the life threatening effect of not washing your makeup brushes, start doing it!