Vaginal detox or vaginal steaming is the process of cleansing your vagina and the area around with the help of herbs. It might sound complicated and weird but the process is actually very simple and the results are amazing.
It is a Chinese medicine used to relieve the body of stagnation and coldness. In the Eastern areas, it is used a medicine to dilate blood vessels, increase blood circulation, provide oxygenation and also relax the pelvic floor muscles.
A few important things to know:
– the best time to do it is after you are done with your periods. It is not advisable to go for it during periods and just before your date.
– If you think you might be pregnant then it is unadvisable to go for it.
– Normally the vaginal steaming would last for about 20-45 minutes.
– It should be taken care that the steam does not get too close to the vagina to avoid burning or irritation in the sensitive vaginal tissue.
-Use the herbs that you have proper knowledge about or rather gather info about the herb you want to use before actually using it.
Herbs that can be used:
– Rose petal
How to do a vaginal steam bath at home:
1. Boil 1 gallon of filtered water and add the herb of your choice.
2. Use about 1 cup of dried herbs and if you want to use fresh herbs than triple the quantity because dried herbs are more potent and concentrated than fresh ones.
3. Boil the mixture for 10 minutes and keep it covered for steeping for about 5 minutes extra.
4. Pour the water into a bowl and sit over it on a slatted chair without your underwear.
5. Put a towel around your waist and create a tent over the bowl.
6. Steam your vagina for 20-30 minutes.
There may be some vaginal cramping or white discharge after steaming, especially if you are doing it for the first time.
Share Your Views