Indian parents think that marrying their children off is the most important “kartavya” they have in their life. Once you finish your college and find a good job, your parents get after your life to marry you off. They have tens of typical things to say to you to convince you for getting married!
Here are some of them. Give them a read!
1. This is the right age to get married.
There’s no wrong age to get married either. Ha! Ha!
2. Finding a boy for you will be difficult after a certain age.
Boy? Good! I want a man!
3. The biological clock starts ticking off after an age. When will you have your kids?
4. Your hair will start graying.
What are hair-dyes for?
5. Your face will start losing its glow.
6. Sharma ji’s daughter also got engaged.
Wow! Celebration time!
7. Your younger siblings will get married only after you get married.
Is there a law or something?
8. We want to free ourselves from the “responsibility” so that we can go for pilgrimage.
Am I stopping you from going?
9. All our relatives keep asking us about your marriage.
Oh, the marriage that isn’t happening anytime in the near future!
10. It is a very nice “rishta”. You should not let it go!
But Elsa taught me to “ let it goo, let it go…Wohoo!!”