You probably do not pay much attention to it until the time to do something passes by and the wrinkles around your lips become more pronounced. The area around lips is the hardest hit and it is also hardest to fix.
The skin around the lips, just like our neck is very delicate and thin so it needs extra care and with the growing age, the collagen production reduces and the skin becomes more prone to wrinkles and fine lines.
The decrease in water and oil level of the skin makes the matter worse as the skin loses its ability to keep itself hydrated.
Add to this the extreme weather conditions and you have the recipe of disaster for lips.
Do not forget to take care of yo9ur lips if you want to prevent those nasty wrinkles from appearing, after all, a smile is the most beautiful jewel on a girl’s face right? So, here are a few tips that can help you maintain the skin around your lips.
1. The most important thing is to keep you lips protected from the weather. Always wear a lip balm that has SPF in it to protect you lips from the sun and the moisturization will protect them from cold.
2. Do regular exercise of your mouth. Make an elaborate ‘O’ with your mouth and in the same way make all the vowels, a, e, i, o, u. It will keep the skin and muscles around lips tight.
3. Quit smoking altogether, it is neither good for health, nor does it do any good to your lips, it turns them black and also accentuates your wrinkles.
4. To get softer lips, brush your lips softly with a soft bristled brush every day. It will remove the dead skin cells and will keep them looking soft and supple.
5. Always make sure to apply lip balm before you apply any lipstick or lip liner on your lips. It will keep your lips from cracking and also prevent the damage from chemicals up to a great extent.
6. If you want to scrub your lips, make a mixture of olive oil or honey(1 tbsp.), white sugar and a few drops of lemon and scrub with it for 2 minutes twice a week. It will keep your lips soft, smooth and pink.
7. If you have extremely chapped or dry lips them make a mixture of 3 tablespoons of beeswax and 3 tablespoons of almond oil and apply a layer of it on lips for about 15 minutes. Wash off with water and apply lip balm. You can also use it as a normal lip balm if you want.
8. To remove wrinkles around your lips, keep a slice of papaya on your upper and lower lips for 10 minutes and then wash off and apply lip balm.
9. Drinking too much of caffeinated drinks also turn your lips dark and breaks the collagen making the wrinkles to appear before age. So it is always a good idea to cut back on your caffeine intake.
10. You will be amazed at the wonders that a drop or two of mustard oil applied to your navel every day can do for your lips. It will keep them soft, pink and hydrated.
So, take care of your lips to maintain that sexy pout forever!