We are all used to a term sore throat. All we know is that we need good antibiotics to treat a sore throat. But what exactly is a sore throat? How does it occur? Before we discuss the antibiotics used for a sore throat, it is very important for us to know what exactly it is.
What do you understand by a sore throat?
A sore throat can be described as a physical condition in a human being when a throat pain is observed. This is an infection of the throat that caused inflammation and cold is the main reason behind a sore throat. The symptoms of a sore throat are typically observed to be pain, scratchiness, and dryness of the throat. Doctors generally prescribe Clavam 625 for treatment of a sore throat.
How to treat a sore throat?
Are you suffering from a sore throat? The first thing you should do is visit a doctor and gets yourself checked for correct treatment. Of course, there are some home based remedies for sore throat situation, but a doctor’s advice is always necessary. This disease is easily curable as it is mainly caused because of bacterial and viral activities. There are different forms of sore throats and doctors are well aware of their types and treatment. This phenomenon is more common in kids than in adults, but they get affected as well as cold is mostly contagious. The common medicine that is suggested by doctors is antibiotics along with some home remedial actions.
Application of antibiotics:
Antibiotics are chosen for their power over bacteria. Antibiotics like Clavam 625 are good for fighting with Type A Bacteria like Streptococcus. Different antibiotics are required for treating different type’s sore throats. The top 5 antibiotics that are required for treating sore throat are –
- Penicillin: This is probably the first choice of all the doctors for treating sore throat situation.
- Amoxicillin: This is a broader and similar spectrum of penicillin that is used worldwide for the treatment of a sore throat and cough and cold.
- Amoxicillin Clavulanate Potassium: Clavam 625 is a variant of amoxicillin that is preferred by doctors when there is a recurring sore throat. The use of this kind is has become very frequent now days.
- Clarithromycin: If you are a person allergic to penicillin then it is an alternative treatment for your throat.
- Azithromycin: If you are using penicillin and fact turned out that you have an allergy from that or it is not showing any improvement then Azithromycin is a stronger version of antibiotic that is used by doctors.
The benefits of using antibiotics during treatment of a sore throat:
The most preferred antibiotics of doctor’s being amoxicillin or penicillin, we can consider the below to be the benefits of using antibiotics for treatment of a sore throat –
- They fight with bacteria and help in relieving all pain caused in the throat because of bacterial action.
- The healing is faster when you use strong antibiotics, leading to faster improvement.
- When you are consuming antibiotics, the chances of contaminating other people around you are reduced to a great extent.
- Series of other symptoms occur when you suffer from a sore throat like that of fever, sinus or infections in tonsils. If you are taking antibiotics on a regular basis then those complications are prevented.
There are other non-medical reasons behind doctors choosing amoxicillin or penicillin are the expense and safety. These antibiotics are easily available in all medical stores with dear pricing. The best part of consuming is that they come with fewer side effects and hence are comparatively safer than many. But in case you turn out to be allergic to any of the two then there are other stronger options like azithromycin for you. Antibiotics are mostly subjected to oral consumptions. Only in severe cases, doctors go for intra-venous injections.
Side Effects that follow the consumption of antibiotics:
Like any other medicines, Antibiotic consumption not only has a benefitting effect. There are side effects that follow the curing process –
- People often face aches or cramps in stomach
- Nausea is very common if the antibiotics are not properly supported by vitamins and healthy
- Vomiting tendencies occur only if you are very dehydrated.
- Sometimes antibiotic consumption can lead to diarrhoea if you are not consuming water properly.
- Loss of appetite is a common notion for any patient suffering from a sore throat and being treated by antibiotics.
However, these types of side effects occur in mild intensity, and they persist as long as you continue your medicines. But in case you are facing long term side effects, even post declining from medicines then it is high time to inform your doctor about the situation. In case you are allergic to antibiotic consumption then different forms of side effects occur like that of breathing trouble, fastening of the heartbeat, Hot flashes, rashes, dizziness, and wheezing. If you are facing any of these symptoms, then get in touch with the doctor and take anti-allergic medicines to cope up with the situation in a healthy manner.
All about Clavam 625:
Clavam 625 is one of the favourites of the doctors when treating street or sore throats. This is a medicine that is to be consumed only if you are under a proper diet and if your cholesterol is low with proper exercise. To use this medicine you need to have a low level of cholesterol in blood or else you might face situations of cardiac arrest. Along with a sore throat, this also affects the blood sugar level to keep the kidney functioning in order. Generally, these medicines are to be used only once or twice during the course as suggested by the doctor. This is a combination of amoxicillin that is meant for treating infections caused out of bacteria. This releases clavulanic acid in the blood that helps in controlling the growth of bacteria and puts a stop on its act ivies buy preventing the cell division. Other than a sore throat this can also be used to treat sinus, lung airway system, the middle part of the ear and the urinary tract that is infected with bacteria.
When to use Clavam 625?
If you are facing a sore throat and don’t want to go to a doctor for this issue, then Clavam 625 is your ideal solution. It is always suggested to, however, take a recommendation from a doctor for determining the dosage of the medicine. The common infections that are to treated easily with Clavam are –
- Infection in ear
- Infection in nose or sinus
- Tonsillitis, pharyntgitis, sore throat or any other infection in your throat
- Infection present in the lower part of your respiratory tract
- Bacterial infection in the skin
- Infection occurring in urinal tract and genital areas due to bacterial growth
- Ulcers in stomach
- Neutropenia Febrile
- If you have a low white blood cell count and facing high fever, then you can consume this medicine in combination with other antibiotics like penicillin and amoxicillin
Some side effects of Clavam 625:
Like any other antibiotics, side effects are also associated with the consumption of Clavam . They can be described briefly as below –
- Skin allergies because of reaction are very common
- If you are not consuming water in an appropriate quantity, then it is quite possible that you will experience Diarrhoea.
- High fever can occur if you turn out to be allergic to Clavam .
- Pain in joints can occur in case of aged people after Clavam works on bacteria
- Yellowing of skin is a rare symptom, but it is also possible
- For women, the consumption can lead to heavy bleeding during their menstruation period.
- Intercourse can be very painful at times
- Sometimes you may face convulsions post consumption of Clavam .
- One might come across situations like swelling of eyelids, feet, hands, lips, and face
- You might have a stool that is tarry or black
- Loss of appetite and taste sensation may get altered
- Discoloration of the tooth can also occur
- Vomiting and nausea are common like any other antibiotics
- Pain in joints and cramping of muscle can occur but is solely dependent on water consumption along with the medicine.
- Heartbeat can be irregular.
All these side effects occur if you don’t maintain your diet along with the medicine. This is the reason it is always suggested to consult doctors before consumption of any antibiotic. A doctor will be able to prescribe a proper dosage and diet chart to maintain to ensure that are a post consumption traumatic phase or side effect.
If you are facing sore throat pain, always refer to a doctor to get the proper medicines. Every single sore throat case is unique as there are different variants caused because of either bacterial or viral infections. Different types of antibiotics are needed for different types of sore throats. Only a doctor can guide you with the right antibiotic. You can allergic to some like penicillin, but there is always an alternate like azithromycin.