Stretch marks are often the result of the rapid stretching of the skin associated with rapid growth or rapid weight changes. In most cases, they may also be influenced by hormonal changes associated with puberty, pregnancy, and body building. They are harmless, but unsightly.
Old stretch marks takes longer time to disappear, therefore you should pay attention to them when they first start appearing on your body. Here are some quick home remedies for removing stretch marks.
Aloe Vera is very beneficial for the skin.
- Use fresh aloe vera from aloe vera leaf or buy aloe vera gel. Rub it in circular motion on the stretch marks and leave on for about 10 minutes. Rinse afterwards.
- Mix 1/2 cup of aloe vera and 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil. Open six capsules each of vitamin A and E into the mixture. Apply as often as you can. This would help the stretch marks disappear fast.
Turmeric helps in scar lightening and fading of stretch marks.
- Mix 1/2 tea spoon of turmeric powder, 1 tea spoon of yogurt, and 1 tea spoon of lemon juice. Rub it on the marks and leave it on for 10-20 minutes. Wash off afterwards. Do this everyday until you get desired results.
- Mix 1/2 tea spoon of turmeric and 1 table spoon of olive oil. Massage on stretch marks and leave overnight.
Cocoa Butter/ Shea Butter/ Petroleum Jelly
Cocoa butter, shea butter, and petroleum jelly are amazing moisturizers that rejuvinate the skin. Apply a generous amount of any of these three moisturizers and leave it overnight. Re-apply after shower.
Improve From Within
Stretch marks can disappear when your skin improves from inside.
- Drink at least eight to ten glasses of water a day. You can also make vitamin rich water if you find it difficult to drink these many glasses of plain water.
- Take antioxidants such as vitamin A, C and E. You can also take Zinc. If you want, you can have vitamin tablets, or you can consume foods that are rich in these nutrients.