Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a natural remedy used in treating different signs and symptoms of various medical conditions. Those who are looking for pain relief without the psychoactive effects of tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, find CBD products appealing.
CBD products are popular for a lot of good reasons, such as being a great immunity booster. It is believed to help the body’s immune system fight infections, inflammation, aches, and body pains. So how can CBD help you get better immunity and overall health?
In this post, you’ll learn how CBD can be used as an immunity booster to fight off diseases.
CBD Can Help Reduce Inflammation
The human body has an endocannabinoid system, or ECS, involved in regulating different body functions like appetite, pain, sleep, and immune system response. CBD interacts with ECS to boost immunity. CBD is an immunity boosting alternative treatment to help reduce redness, swelling, pain, and other signs and symptoms of inflammatory conditions such as arthritis.
Here are the good-to-know facts about CBD and inflammation:
- Cannabinoids, including CBD, are potent anti-inflammatory agents, in that they exert their effects by suppressing induction of T-regulatory cells and cytokine production.
- CBD and other cannabinoids induce apoptosis (cellular death) and inhibit cell proliferation responsible for inflammation. It helps reduce mast cells and other immune cells that prompt histamine release when activated, causing intense itching and inflammation.
CBD Lowers Risk Of Heart Disease
The antioxidative and anti-inflammatory properties of CBD can help reduce the risk factors of heart disease, such as hypertension or high blood pressure. Also, it lowers the risk of stroke and other cardiovascular conditions.
Here’s how CBD can lower your risk of developing heart diseases:
- CBD can help reduce the spike of blood pressure when you’re under stress. It is a stress-buster that keeps your blood pressure under control. In an animal study, a dose of CBD administered in rats (subjected to a stressful situation) lowered their heart rate and blood pressure.
- CBD boosts brain function, and helps protect stroke patients against brain damage. During a stroke, it helps increase cerebral blood flow. However, it’s important to note that these observations were derived from reviews focused on animal studies. More research is needed to determine whether these findings also apply to humans.
CBD Helps Soothe Eczema
Managing eczema usually involves using medicated ointments and creams. More people are now turning to natural products like CBD, but does CBD work in relieving the symptoms of eczema?
Here are the findings of a CBD and eczema report:
- CBD oil can ease the signs and symptoms of eczema, similar to psoriasis.
- The National Eczema Association states that cannabinoids have a “powerful anti-itch effect.” Also, they have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. CBD interacts with skin cannabinoid receptors, reducing signs and symptoms of atopic dermatitis.
- CBD can help treat eczema because it can reduce skin colonization of staphylococcus bacteria that usually cause skin infections as manifested by painful red lumps, swollen and irritated skin, blisters, and sores.
CBD Relieves Pain
Aside from anti-inflammatory properties, CBD also has an analgesic or anti-pain effect. One of the common manifestations of different medical ailments is pain. Unlike traditional pain medications and non-pharmacologic pain solutions that only mask the perception of pain, CBD addresses the root cause of the pain.
CBD is effective in pain management without causing negative side effects. CBD oil can be taken sublingually or under the tongue, ingested, inhaled (via vaping), or infused in food or beverage. The onset and duration of effects depends on the dosage and mode of administration.
Here are the types of pain that CBD can relieve:
- Arthritic Pain: A lot of people now rely on CBD in treating the pain associated with arthritis, especially elderly people who cannot tolerate the side effects of over-the-counter pain medications.
- Cancer Pain: Aside from relieving cancer pain, CBD can also help reduce nausea and vomiting among cancer patients.
- Fibromyalgia: It’s characterized by musculoskeletal pain along with fatigue, memory, mood, and sleep issues, amplifying painful sensations on how the brain processes pain signals.
- Neuropathic Pain: It’s caused by disease or damage in the somatosensory nervous system associated with dysesthesia, or abnormal pain from allodynia (pain caused by non-painful stimuli).
CBD is a great immunity booster because it has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antimicrobial, and antioxidative effects. This cannabinoid is a great alternative to pain relievers and creates a synergistic effect with traditional medications in fighting off diseases. When it comes to pain, heart disease, eczema and other skin problems, and inflammatory immune conditions, CBD is a great choice.