There are some phrases or expressions we have all grown up listening from our parents. It’s as if our parents have a script, which they keep rehearsing again and again and again..
1. Money doesn’t grow on trees.
2. If all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you do it too?
3. Wait until you get into the real world.
4. One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you. Then you’ll see what it’s like.
5. Just wait until your father gets home.
6. You are going to get it when I get home.
7. Who’s the parent here: Me or you?
8. How many times do I have to repeat?
9. What will others say?
10. When I was your age….
11. Ask your father/mother.
12. You have an answer for everything, don’t you?