Ideally, your sexual history is your own business and you are not bound to share it with your partner but it is advisable to put out all the cards when you are in a serious relationship. You do not want one of your exes coming back and biting on your ass sometime later!
Telling your partner about your sexual history includes everything, telling him about how many partners you have had and all the things you have tried, etc. Don’t go into graphic details but at least be honest with the things in the most polite way possible!
Here are a few advantages of sharing your sexual history with your partner:
1. His reaction will tell you if he has stereotyped women or has anything like that in mind. Basically, his opinion about women would be brought into the light.
2. You will come to know if he is open-minded or not!
3. Sharing intimate details takes courage and if you can do it with him then it means that you are ready to trust him with all you got!
4. When you bring all the cards on the table, things get closer, they bring you and your partner closer!
5. Having had some uncomfortable experience in the past, if you share them with your partner, you will be able to move on!
6. Being comfortable in sharing such intimate moments with your partner means that you have a healthy relationship.
7. It will save you a great deal of embarrassment if anything from the past crops up in later life.
8. You never know, he might also share his sexual history with you!